We are a community of grad students, professional students, faculty, and friends seeking to be a redeeming presence for Christ at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. We share the following four commitments:
- Spiritual Formation: We desire to be conformed to the image of Christ. To achieve this, we cultivate habits that deepen our spiritual lives such as regular prayer, rigorous Bible study, and other foundational disciplines.
- Community: We choose to gather regularly as a community of faculty and graduate students to learn and worship, to challenge and care for each other, and to serve as a welcoming place for both believers and seekers.
- Faith, Learning, and Practice: Because the God whom we worship is Creator of all, we seek a unity of truth and practice in the university and all institutions and believe that the integrity of this pursuit will be a witness to the university and professional world.
- Evangelism and Service: As a community, we demonstrate and proclaim the gospel to the university so that Jesus Christ is esteemed over all. Believing that God is at work to initiate people into His kingdom, we pray and work with expectation for their conversion. We also seek to authenticate this witness in our service, especially to the poor and the oppressed.
Statement of Faith
InterVarsity welcomes people from all faiths and denominations to participate in our activities. As an evangelical Christian fellowship, we are committed to the following theological distinctives:
- The unique Divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible.
- The deity of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- The necessity and efficacy of the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ for the redemption of the world, and the historic fact of His bodily resurrection.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The expectation of the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
InterVarsity Graduate Christian Fellowship operates on a budget funded completely by student donations. Please consider making a regular donation. If you want to know how the money is spent, the Exec can provide a copy of the budget. Donations can be mailed to InterVarsity Graduate Fellowship, 731 State Street, Madison, WI 53703 or given to any exec member. Questions? Contact the chapter leadership at email@example.com.
Per UW RSO policy, participation in IVGCF is intended for students, faculty, and staff.